This cobbler was inspired by a snickerdoodle apple cobbler recipe I saw online, as well as a favorite gaming pastime around here: Minecraft. Since we adhere to a Paleo way of eating, we decided to try our hand at a Paleo version of this delicious treat. You can watch my son, Victor, and me make these tasty morsels on our YouTube channel.
Snickerdoodle Apple Blocks Recipe
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup Sun butter or almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 large eggs
1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
2 cups blanched almond flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
5-7 slightly tart organic apples, such as Gala or Jazz
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
Juice of 1/4 lemon
1 Tbs. honey
1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
1 Tbs. coconut sugar
1. Peel and roughly cut apples into small sauce pan. Add honey and lemon juice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp coriander, 1/4 tsp cloves, plus a half-cup of water. Heat over medium heat until apples are soft.
2. While apples are cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9" x 13" x 2" pan with coconut oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together coconut oil, sun butter, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl,whisk together flour, baking soda, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
5. While beating the wet mixture, slowly add the dry mixture until combined. The dough will be wet and sticky.
6. Drain apples of excess moisture.
7. Spread half of the dough mixture in the bottom of the greased pan. Make sure to spread mixture evenly.
8, Top dough with the apple filling. Then add the rest of the dough mixture.
9, Sprinkle cobbler evenly with 1 Tbs cinnamon and 1 Tbs coconut sugar.
10. Cover with foil, and bake for 26-28 minutes.
11. Allow cobbler to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into blocks. Enjoy!
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Thursday, August 25, 2016
It's our first video. We made fan art into a custom T-shirt. Sorry about the sound. Our next video will be better. Lydia drew the art. If you like the video, please like and subscribe to our channel. We have big plans in the works for crafts and recipes.