Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Countdown to Con: 10!

    Our local convention, Fanaticon, is coming up in 10 days, and while this is not technically my first con, it might as well be. My first con was at a bookstore. It was the first one, and it was pretty small, but a lot of fun. This con is at an actual civic center with an actual celebrity, and I am excited.

     Since I am an over-planner, this is my countdown to the convention.

Day 10: Re-read the section on conventions in The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy: A Handbook for Girl Geeks by Sam Maggs

Prep: I have already asked for three days off work: two for the actual con, and one to rest and get over the geek before returning to work.

My con-clave: This is going to be a family event. Ray and I are taking our little geeks with us because if we didn't, they'd be upset. Fortunately, since we live close by, we won't have to spend extra money on a place to stay, and we plan on taking our own food.

I'm trying not to stress. I truly am, but I'm a little freaked out. I just have to remember that I have nine more days to plan and get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment